My husband and I are currently both doing Boot Camp. This has several repercussions for our diet:
1. I must limit myself to making dessert no more than once a week.
2. Dinners must be quick to make.
3. Red meat must be limited to the occasional braai.
To this end, we have a freezer full of chicken breasts that I’m trying to get creative with.
I am thoroughly proud of myself for coming up with this recipe, and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! We’ve had it twice this week! It takes about 20 minutes to prepare and the chicken is super soft and juicy, finishing on the exact cusp on perfectly cooked.
500g Chicken breasts – cut into thick strips
1/3 cup Store-bought cornflake- or breadcrumbs
Cayenne Pepper or Peri-Peri
1. Mix the crumbs with the salt & cayenne pepper or peri-peri. Other suggestions or alternatives are garlic salt and mixed herbs.
2. Smear a ovenproof dish with olive oil. Switch on your oven grill so it heats up so long.
2. Roll the chicken in the crumbs. Do not dip them in egg or milk beforehand! Each strip will have only a thin layer of crumbs on it.
3. Put the chicken strips into the dish, close to each other. This way they hold more moisture. Sprinkle any leftover crumbs over the strips.
4. Grill in the middle of the oven for 15 minutes – no more, no less. Remove from the oven immediately and serve!
Let me know what you think!