A very easy, tasty and comforting soup that even I could make! A chunky soup with sweet & salty flavours.
± 400g Chicken breasts – cut into short thin strips
2 x Blocks chicken stock, dissolved in 1L of boiling water
1/2 large onion – finely chopped
4 x Sweet corn on the cob
2 x Carrots – chopped
3 tbspn Cornstarch (Maizena) – dissolved in 1/4 cup of water
1. In a large pot (I used a pressure cooker), fry the chopped onions on medium heat for 3min. Add garlic & carrots, and slowly fry for another 5min.
2. Cut the corn off the cob & set aside. Don’t throw away the cobs!
3. Add chicken to the pot, fry until the outsides are white. Add the black & cayenne pepper. Do not add salt – it will be too salty in combination with the chicken stock.
4. Add the chicken stock dissolved in water, and then the cobs. (this adds a bit of flavour to the soup). Turn up the heat and bring to the boil.
5. Add the sweet corn kernels, turn down the heat and let it slowly boil for about10min.
6. Remove the cobs. Add the cornstarch (dissolved in water) and continue boiling for another 5min, stirring occasionally.
Remember to taste the soup, and add herbs and more pepper to your taste. You may also add sugar to the soup if it’s not sweet enough.