This takes only about 30 minutes to prepare & cook. The Ina Paarman’s sauce costs between N$12 and N$15.
500g Tub Chicken Livers
1 x Onion – chopped
Fresh Mushrooms (as much as you like!) – chopped
1 x Ina Paarman’s Peri Peri Coat & Cook Sauce
50ml Bulgarian Yogurt
100g – 125g Bacon – chopped
1. In a deep pan (eg Bauer) or wok, fry the onion for ± 2 min.
2. Add the bacon, mushrooms & garlic. Fry until bacon is browned/crispy.
3. Add the chicken livers and fry for ± 4 minutes, then turn down the heat.
4. Add Ina Paarman’s Peri Peri Coat & Cook sauce and Bulgarian yogurth, turn down the heat, and let simmer for a few minutes until chicken livers are cooked all the way through. Don’t overcook them, otherwise they become sandy and dry!
5. Serve with pasta or rice, and a green salad.